- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g chorizo, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g easy cook basmati rice (we used Tilda)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g raw, peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- Boil the kettle. In a non-stick frying or shallow pan with a lid, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over a high heat for 3 mins. Stir in the rice and chopped tomatoes with 500ml boiling water, cover, then cook over a high heat for 12 mins.
- Uncover, then stir – the rice should be almost tender. Stir in the prawns, with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cook for another min until the prawns are just pink and rice tender.
Pingback: Prawns in Maldivian style | The Culinary Journey