- 2 whole rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- sprigs of various herbs (parsley, thyme and dill would all work well)
- fresh horseradish, grated, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Lay the trout over a lightly oiled baking tray and stuff the fish cavity with slices of lemon and herbs. Season generously all over and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min`s until the fish is cooked through – the eyes will have turned white and the flesh will be soft to touch. The trout can be served as they are with your favorite seasonal vegetables, but for an added extra touch, peel away the top layer of skin and grate over fresh horseradish before serving.`