- 2 slices good-quality fruit & nut bread
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 200 g ripe strawberries, halved
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste (or use extract)
- 3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 4 tbsp ricotta (or more, if you like)
- Toast the bread in the toaster or on a griddle pan for a stripy effect. Melt one-quarter of the butter in a frying pan. When it foams, add the strawberries, cut-side down, and fry over a high heat for 2 mins or until starting to caramelise. Add the remaining butter, the honey and vanilla, and swirl to make a sticky sauce. Stir in the almonds and salt.
- Dollop or spread the ricotta onto the hot toast, then spoon over the hot berries and honey-nut butter. Serve straight away.