- 3 large carrots, grated
- 3 large parsnips, grated
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 tbsp thyme leaf, roughly chopped
- 500g carton passata with onion & garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 250g ricotta
- 200g tub crème fraîche
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 80g pack grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- oil, for greasing
- 6 dried lasagne sheets
- Mix together the vegetables, thyme, passata, tomato purée and plenty of seasoning. In another bowl, mix the ricotta, crème fraîche, eggs and all but 2 tbsp of the Parmesan until smooth.
- Assemble the lasagne by putting half the vegetable mixture into the base of a lightly oiled 2-litre gratin dish, followed by a layer of lasagne (broken to fit the dish), then half the ricotta mixture. Repeat the process, finishing with a layer of ricotta mixture and the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over. Wrap with cling film and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To cook from frozen, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Remove the cling film, cover with foil and put in the middle of the oven for 1 hr. Then increasetemperature to 200C/180C/gas 6, remove the foil and cook for another 35-45 mins until