- 85g mixed fruits
- 85g dried cranberries
- zest and juice 2 clementines
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- 85g dark chocolate chips
- Soak the mixed fruit, cranberries and zests in the clementine and lemon juices for 3 days, stirring daily, keeping the bowl covered with a tea towel.
- Butter a 1-litre pudding basin and line the bottom with a greaseproof paper circle. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour, cocoa and spice, then stir in before adding the eggs. Stir in the apple, soaked fruits and liquid. Add the breadcrumbs, cherries, and chocolate chips, mixing thoroughly.
- Fill the basin with the mixture, then cover with a double thickness of greaseproof paper, pleated in the middle. Cover this with a layer of foil, pleated in the middle, then tie tightly with string.
- Place the pudding in a large saucepan on a trivet or upturned saucer so it doesn’t touch the bottom, then fill halfway up the basin with hot water. Bring to a simmer, cover the pan, then cook for 2 hrs.
Pingback: Chocolate And Clementine Pudding | The Recipe Box