- 6 good-quality pork sausages (we used pork & chili)
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 250g easy-cook long grain rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic & herbs
- 400-500ml chicken stock
- 260g pack cooked and peeled king prawns
- Fry the sausages in a large, deep, lidded frying pan until golden all over, then remove and set aside. Heat a little oil (unless there is enough fat from the sausages already in the pan) and gently cook the onion for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the pepper, garlic and paprika, and cook for a few mins more, then stir in the rice, mixing to coat all the grains well. Tip in the tomatoes and enough stock to just cover the rice. Simmer with the lid on for about 10-12 mins until the rice is tender. Add more stock if you need to during cooking.
- About 5 mins before the end of the cooking time, slice the sausages and return them to the pan. Cover and continue to cook until the rice is tender. Stir through the prawns, put the lid on and leave to heat through. Season and serve immediately.