- 4 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced into rings
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 450g pack good-quality pork sausages, meat squeezed out
- 20g pack sage, leaves finely chopped
- 140g white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 8 smoked dry-cured streaky bacon rashers, halved and stretched out a bit
- sage sprig, to garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then soften the onions, leek and celery for 15 mins with the pan covered. Put the sausagemeat into a bowl. Once the onion mix has cooled, tip onto the sausagemeat, add the sage, bread, egg and seasoning, then mix really well with your hands.
- Set aside 250g to stuff the turkey, then shape the rest into 16 balls, wrapping each with bacon. Sit these on a non-stick baking sheet, cover with foil, then bake for 15 mins. Uncover, then bake 30 mins more until the bacon is golden. Garnish with a sage sprig, if you like.