- 4 chicken breasts – boneless
- 2 med onions, sliced
- 2 can sliced mushrooms or fresh in equal amounts
- 3 or 4 tbs butter
- 1 can, cheddar cheese soup
- 5 oz milk
- 1 dash Parmesan cheese (1 to 2 tbs)
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter in a small frying pan until onions are translucent. Set aside 1/2 the onion/mushroom mix.
- In a large measuring cup, mix soup and milk and stir to remove any lumps.
- Place chicken in a 5-quart slow cooker and pour other ingredients over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks before serving.
- Serve on a warm hoagie bun and top with 1/2 the sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Be sure to warm the Mushrooms and onion that has been set aside before topping.
- Can also be served over mashed potatoes, rice or on toast.
- Excellent over steamed vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli.