- 2 lbs chuck or blade steak, cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 1 t. vinegar
- sachet garden herbs
- parsley, finely chopped
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in Dutch oven or large skillet (must be oven-safe).
- Mix flour with salt and pepper. Coat the meat thoroughly with this mixture.
- Quickly brown meat on all sides, then remove from pan, leaving the oil and drippings.
- Put the onion and carrots in the pot or pan, turn down the heat and simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
- Put the meat back in, add the beer, vinegar and herbs and mix well.
- Put a lid on the pot or pan and place in preheated 330 degree oven for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- If the mix becomes too dry while braising in the oven, add some water.
- When ready to serve, take out the herb sachet. Sprinkle the parsley over the dish. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.