- Two 11/2 lb (t-bone or porterhouse steaks, 1in thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 recipe chimichurri sauce (see recipe below)
- Drizzle steaks with oil. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill according to instructions below. Sprinkle with salt. Leave to rest for 5 minutes. To serve, cut around the bone to release the meat. Cut the meat across into 1/4in slices. Serve hot with chimichurri sauce.
- Outdoor on the barbecue
- Grill over hot coals for 6 minutes per side for rare, 8 minutes per side for medium rare, 12 minutes per side for well done.
- Preheat a ridged cast iron grill pan over high heat. Cook for 6 minutes per side for rare, 8 minutes per side for medium rare, 12 minutes per side for well done.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Chimi Churri
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4. 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- salt, black pepper
- Place parsley, scallions, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, vinegar and oil in a food processor or blender; pulse until well blended but still retaining some texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature to allow flavours to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Think ahead
- Make salsa up to 3 days in advance, but add the vinegar just 2 hours before serving.
- Makes 3/4 cup