- Plain Yogurt white & sour 1/2 kg (1 kg 2.2 pound)
- Mint Leaf (pudina leaf) paste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaf (dhania leaf) pest- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly pest – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- White mustard seed powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Chat salt (not normal white salt, it’s called BIT NUN) – 1/2 tea spoon
- Normal salt – 1/2 teaspoon (as per taste).
- If you see, the yogurt is very thick, then add 1 glass (normal) of water but if not then 1/2 glass of water & beat until it becomes smooth.
- Now strain the mint leaf paste, chilli paste, coriander paste together with some (like 3 teaspoon) water & add in yogurt.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients into the yogurt & mix very well.
- Serve cold.
In Bangladesh, Borhani is a traditional yogurt drink served at wedding ceremonies. No occasion or ceremony will be arranged without Borhani. So, it is my pleasure to share with you the authentic recipe for Borhani.