- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons salt for cooking water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces sliced Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chuck or round
- 1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- Start sauce about 30 to 45 minutes in advance. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft; add ground beef and brown. Pour off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients; stir well. Simmer slowly, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Cook noodles in boiling water with 2 tablespoons of salt for about 25 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Drain; add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange noodles in a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Make 3 layers each of noodles, ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, meat sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes.
That looks super tasty!