- 1x750g/1½lb lobster, cooked
- 20g/¾oz fresh parmesan, grated
For the sauce
- 30g/1oz butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1x284ml/10fl oz tub fresh fish stock
- 55ml/2fl oz white wine
- 100ml/3½ fl oz double cream
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ lemon, juice only
- freshly ground black pepper
Cut the lobster in half and remove the meat from the claws and tail. Leave to one side. Remove any meat from the head and set aside. Cut the meat up into pieces and place back into the shell.
- For the sauce, put the butter in a pan, add the shallots and cook until softened. Add the stock, wine and double cream and bring to the boil. Reduce by half. Add the mustard, herbs, lemon juice and seasoning.
Pre-heat the grill and spoon the sauce over the lobster meat. Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese. Place the lobster halves under a pre-heated grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.