- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 1½ tbsp chipotle paste
- 200g basmati rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- small handful coriander, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion for 8-10 mins until soft, then remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, place the mince, breadcrumbs, spices and chipotle paste in a bowl, season generously and mix thoroughly. Roll mixture into 20 walnut-sized meatballs. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the meatballs for about 8 mins until brown all over.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions. Return the onion to the pan, adding the tomatoes, as well as a can full of water. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the kidney beans and cook for a further 10 mins, until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked through. Season the meatballs, scatter with coriander and serve with the rice.