- Rice ½ kg
- Mutton meat ½ kg
- Potato 3 (cut into small pieces)
- Tomato 4 (cut into small pieces)
- Onion 1 (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- All spice 1 tbsp
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Green chili 4 (whole)
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil ½ cup
Soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat half cup oil in a pan.
- Add sliced onion and fry until light brown.
- Then add all spice, meat, ginger garlic paste and roast well.
- Now add tomatoes, 1 ½ tsp salt, turmeric and red chili powder. Roast again.
- Then add 1 cup water, cover and cook until mutton become half tender.
- Then add potatoes and 1 cup water.
- Now cook potatoes and mutton till complete tender.
- Add soaked rice, remaining ½ tsp salt and 1 ½ cup water, cover and cook rice until cooked.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle whole green chili and chopped coriander leaves.
Delicious Memoni Akni is ready to serve.