Mexican salad with tortilla croutons
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into crouton-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Cajun or Mexican seasoning mix
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 200g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- juice 1 lime
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves only
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the tortilla pieces on a baking tray, toss with the oil and the seasoning mix, then cook for 10-12 mins until crisp. In a large bowl, toss the iceberg, beans and tomatoes. Toss the avocado in the lime juice and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle over your chosen dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients. Top with the croutons and coriander, then serve.