- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp each chilli powder and ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g piece chorizo, skinned and diced
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 x 300g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 large avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- lime juice
- handful fresh coriander
- 4 large spoonfuls soured cream
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion until softened. Stir in the spices and cook for a few secs. Pour in the tomatoes and 2 cans of water, then crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil and add the chorizo and chicken thighs. Push the chicken under the liquid, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir the peppers into the pan, then cook for 20 mins more. Tip in the cannellini beans.
- To eat now: Warm through to heat the beans. Toss the avocado with the lime and some salt and serve on top of the casserole with a sprinkling of coriander. Top each portion with soured cream. Serve with rice, jacket potatoes or a handful of spicy tortilla chips.
- To eat later: Cool and keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Warm on top of the stove until bubbling and serve as above.