Sirloin steak with creamy tarragon sauce and crisp potatoes
- 1 kg small chat potatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (250 g each) sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 500 g frozen peas, cooked, roughly mashed
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place potatoes in a single layer on tray. Using the palm of your hand, gently squash potatoes. Spray with oil. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium/high heat. Spray both sides of steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate and cover with foil for 10 minutes.
- Using the same pan, add Worcestershire sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Add cream and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Add tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon peas onto plates. Top with steak and spoon over sauce. Serve with potatoes.