Fettuccine with beans & pancetta
Fettuccine with beans and pancetta
- 100g pack smoked pancetta rashers
- 350g fettuccine
- 400g runner beans, trimmed and thicnly sliced on the diagonal
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- 15g pack chives, snipped, or 4 tbsp shredded basil
- finely grated parmesan, optional
- Put a large pan of water on to boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, separate the rashers of pancetta and cook them in two batches (without oil) in a large non-stick frying pan until the fat on the pancetta is golden. Lift out onto a plate to crisp up.
- When the water is boiling, add salt and the pasta to the pan and boil for 6 mins. Tip in the beans, quickly return to the boil and cook for about 4 mins more until both the pasta and beans are just tender.
- Drain and tip into a large serving bowl. Toss with the crème fraîche, chives or basil and plenty of seasoning, then quickly tear in the crisp pancetta (keeping it quite chunky). Serve with the Parmesan, if you like, a simple tomato salad and some crusty bread.