Chicken and prosciutto parmigiano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 small chicken breast fillets
- 200g-piece mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Saclà Originale Cherry Tomato & Basil pasta sauce
- Fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Top the chicken with mozzarella. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each piece of chicken. Tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Spread the pasta sauce over the base of a baking dish. Arrange the chicken over the sauce. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Tuck thyme sprigs under the string. Serve with mashed potato.
Pingback: Cooking With Italian Herbs – Thyme | jovinacooksitalian