- 400g apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 400g stoned plums, cut into chunky wedges
- 2 tbsp sugar, any type
- 300g figs, woody stalks trimmed, quartered
- 300g blackberries or brambles, washed well
- cream, custard or ice cream, to serve
- First make the topping. Put the flours in a bowl with a pinch of salt, then rub in the butter with your fingertips to form crumbs. Stir in the sugar with a fork, and chill until needed.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Tip the apples, plums and sugar into a big saucepan with 50ml water and cook, stirring, for about 5 mins, until the apples are soft and juicy. Stir in the figs and blackberries, and tip into a baking dish. Scatter over the crumble and bake for 45-55 mins until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling.