Spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce
- 200 g spaghetti or linguine
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300 g tomatoes, diced
- 125 g ball mozzarella or burrata (see tip, below), torn into pieces
- handful basil leaves, torn, to serve
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the chilli, shallots, oil, lemon zest, vinegar, sugar and tomatoes into a big mortar. If yours isn’t big enough, put it all in a bowl and just use the pestle in that. Add a good amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and bash everything together.
- Drain the pasta and toss together with the tomato mixture and mozzarella. Scatter over the basil and serve immediately.
Looks and sounds absolutely delicious and will be trying it soon!
thank you for subscribing; it gives me the opportunity to discover your delightful blog!!
Thank you I like your comments
Pingback: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Olives | Andrea's Garden Cooking
Looks really yummy.
Superb recipe .My wife will try it. Thank you so much for following my blog. Cheers .jalal
I like it 🙂
Greetings from the sunny coast of Norfolk
Don`t you have a LIKE button or am I blind?
Delicious! Thanks for following me on Cold, although the only recipes you’ll get from me are those dreaded Eastern Euroopean gruel-type concoctions made of veal brains, lard and other delicacies 🙂
Sounds good! (And easy, even better.)