Herbed chicken, peach & feta salad
- 200 ml vegetable stock, made with freshly boiled water
- 125 g bulghar wheat
- meat from a roughly 900g ready-roasted smoked or unsmoked whole chicken (about 550 g ready-roasted chicken breasts), not too fridge-cold
- 2 ripe yellow-fleshed peaches
- 25 g pack mint
- 25 g pack dill
- handful basil (optional)
- 50 g toasted pecan halves, some left whole
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Pour the boiling-hot stock over the bulghar in a large bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside for 15-20 min until the stock has been totally absorbed and the grains are tender.
- Meanwhile, slice or tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and cut each peach into 12 wedges. Whisk the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning.
- When the bulghar looks dry and has swollen up in the bowl, remove the cling film. Fluff it up with a fork and let cool.
- Roughly chop the herbs just before serving, then toss into the bulghar. Spread over a large platter, then top with the chicken, peaches, pecans and feta. Roughly toss everything together a little. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.